Strawberry Champagne Jell-O Shot
Get ready to welcome the New Year with one, or a few, of these delicious little treats. These were simple to make and were very good. They are incredibly sweet. Due to the Champagne, it creates a nice little tingle on your tongue. Go out now and start making them for your New Years Eve party. This recipe makes about 22-24 shots.
When picking out a Champagne, you don’t need anything fancy. I chose a cheap bottle of Verdi Spumante, found at many grocery stores. Be sure to keep the Champagne chilled until use in the recipe.
-1 bottle of Champagne (750 mL)
-1 (3 oz) box strawberry Jell-O
-3 envelopes of Knox plain gelatin
-1 cup boiling water
1. Boil some water; enough so you get a cup of it after boiling.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the 3 envelopes of gelatin powder with the strawberry Jell-O.
3. Pour in the boiling water and stir until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
4. Slowly pout in the bottle of Champagne. Gently stir, but don’t agitate the bubbles so much to make the Champagne go flat.
5. Fill shot cups.
6. Chill for about 3-4 hours before serving.